Thursday, September 13, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

A lovely surprise today! Cassidy of A Most Beguiling Accomplishment gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you Cassidy!

The rules of the award are that you must:

   - Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
   - Paste the award to your blog
   - Tell 7 thing about yourself
   - Nominate 15 other blogs

1. Let's start with the obvious. I love to sew. (shocking I know!) I love taking inspiration from ready made garments or from photographs and prints. More recently I've discovered the joy of sewing using vintage patterns.

2. I enjoying making homemade cordials and liqueurs. My specialty is raspberry liqueur. Yum!

3. I read constantly. I love my books. Old books, new books, history books, and mysteries, I'm picky about historical fiction. (I have a love/hate relationship with the Outlander series.) I'm currently reading the Game of Thrones series and a murder-mystery series by Donna Leon. Old books, especially those leather bound volumes with the gilt pages and embossed spines are beautiful. When I finally have a house of my own I want to huge book case, the kind with glass doors, that I can fill with antique books.

4. I'm one of five kids in my family. My three older sisters and one younger brother grew up on farm in Vermont where we raised sheep, goats, horses, and the occasional pig. And of course chickens and a couple cats and dogs just to round things out. A lot of my childhood was spent at 4-H meetings, outside, or in the barn.

5. I truly believe you are never too old to play dress up. Or watch a Disney movie.

6. One of my goals in life is to create a business out of my love of sewing and history. Not quite sure how to do that without quitting my day job ....

7. My favorite way to spend a rainy day is curled up on the couch with a good book, a cat, and a cup of Earl Grey tea.

In no particular order, here are the blogs I would like to nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award.

1. Chronically Vintage
2. A Fashionable Frolick
3. The Couture Courtesan
4. Q's Daydream
5. Two Nerdy History Girls
6. what-i-found
7. A Few Threads Loose
8. YESTERDAY GIRL
9. Adventures of a Costumer
10. The Fashionable Past
11. Glamourdaze
12. Art, beauty and well-ordered chaos
13. At the Sign of the Golden Scissors
14. Diary of a Mantua Maker
15. Tea Cups Among the Fabric

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...