Sunday, October 21, 2012

No Trash, Just Class - Halloween Pin Ups

I love Halloween, don't you? I'm still working out all the detail of my costume for this year. It took me a little while to figure out what I wanted to be and now I just have to figure out how to put it all together! No, I can't tell you what it is. ;)

One of the things that really frustrates me about Halloween are the many, shall we say 'trashy', costumes on the market. What happened to class and creativity? When did Halloween costumes suddenly become "sexy this" or "sassy that?" (Has anyone seen the movie Mean Girls? There is a great scene early on in the movie about Halloween costumes.) Anyway, I was looking through a costume catalog with a friend and was horrified - no really! - by some of the costumes available. Sassy Care Bears and Sexy Gizmo (from the movie Gremlins). Seriously! You can't make this stuff up! And what is worse, many of these costumes are marketed towards kids. Ugh ...

My personal feeling, if you're going to put on a short skirt and high heels for a costume, at least to it with some class. So with that in mind, in the days leading up to one of my favorite holidays, I'll be sharing some images of when short costumes still left something to the imagination.

Over the next week I'll be sharing some classic Halloween inspired pin ups. Sound good? :)

Today's featured Halloween beauty is non other than Betty Grable! 

Betty Grable - Halloween 1935 - Source
Betty Grable - Halloween 1935 Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...