Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Downton Abbey Experience

This is one of my favorite pictures from the weekend.
 Downton Abbey Fashion Competition (Photo by Stephen Mease)
Hello everyone! Please for give my absence the last couple days, I've been a bit per-occupied and just now have the chance to give a recap of VPT's Experience inspired by Downton Abbey  event. Oh, and what an event! Where do I begin? Well, thankfully I finished my dress in time - even though it meant staying up until well past midnight on more than one occasion. I'm sure we've all been there, right? Also the final items for Cori's tux arrived in the mail Wednesday afternoon. I was really worried they wouldn't get here in time! I won't go into more detail as his tux deserves a blog post all its own.

A few days before the event, Cori surprised me with the news that he had upgraded our tickets which meant we were able to attend the full weekend of activities! What a sweet guy. ;) The British tea reception and preview of Season 3 of Downton Abbey was held at the Essex Cinemas. The remainder of the event was held at The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa.

Downton-Essex Arcade Experience and Dinner.
VPT's Experience Inspired by Downton Abbey  (Photo by Stephen Mease)
Saturday's activities included:
- British tea reception at the Essex Cinemas prior to the preview of Season 3 of Downton Abbey
- Dinner in the Downton-Essex Arcade Food Court
- A fashion competition run by Karen Augusta of Augusta Auctions, Jen Karpin of Morning Glorious Vintage, and Edward Maeder, historic dress and textile consultant
- Etiquette Challenge with Anna Post from The Emily Post Institute

Sunday's activities included the following seminars, demonstrations and guest speakers:
- Fashions of Downton Abbey with Karen Augusta of Augusta Auctions
- Culinary Demonstrations by European Master Chef Arnd Sievers and Executive Chef Shawn Calley of The Essex Resort & Spa
- Whisky Nosing & Tasting with Brian McQueenie of Ouidram
- "Botanical Bartending" with Charlotte Voisey from William Grant & Sons
- "Great Food has a History" with Pamela Foster, a.k.a. Downton Abbey Cooks
-  Sunday Brunch inspired by food from Downton Abbey

Fashion talk with Karen Augusta of Augusta Auctions
The food was amazing and everyone was in good spirits. Because everyone there was a Downton Abbey fan, it was like visiting with old friends. Although Cori and I entered the costume contest, we didn't win. (You can see the winners here) That's ok because the weekend will certainly be one to remember!

I should note that the photos in this post were taken by other people. I have not been able to download pictures from my camera but will try and do so this weekend. Once I have my own photos and I will put together a post on my dress.

Here are a few shots from the event as well as the finished dress!You can view more photos from the weekend at VPT's Experience inspired by Downton Abbey


Table setting competition
VPT's Experience Inspired by Downton Abbey (Photo by Stephen Mease)
Downton-Essex Arcade Experience and Dinner
VPT's Experience Inspired by Downton Abbey. (Photo by Stephen Mease)
Downton-Essex Arcade Experience and Dinner
VPT's Experience Inspired by Downton Abbey. (Photo by Stephen Mease)
Drinking champagne and visiting with new friends!
Photo by Jen Karpin of Morning Glorious Vintage
VPT's Experience Inspired by Downton Abbey -  Downton Abbey Fashion Competition
Photo by Jen Karpin of Morning Glorious Vintage

3 comments:

  1. How did you NOT win?? You both look great. That green is stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that color green!!! You two look fabulous. Any chance we can persuade you to do a tutorial on how you did your hair? It came out so pretty!

    So glad you both had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I had a lot of comments about the dress color.
    Yes, I was thinking I might do a tutorial as one of my Great Hair Fridays posts.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...