It's hard to believe I've only been blogging for two years. January 3rd was my two year blogging birthday! Hooray! In honor of my blog birthday I decided to put together a little recap of blogging news and some of my posts that received a lot of attention in the last year. It's been fun for me to look back. I hope you enjoy too. :) I have some really fun posts planned for this year so I hope you will continue to follow along.
Awards, Events, Special Announcements in 2013
- The much mentioned Downton Abbey event and my engagement last January. I'll leave it to you to explore these past posts.
- I published an article on vintage shoes in Issue Two of Hey Doll Vintage Magazine
- Traveled to Gettysburg for a couple of days and had my tin type made by Rob Gibson.
- Awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by The Choll at Thread-Headed Snippet and Cait at Curse Words and Crinolines. Thanks again ladies!
- Kristin of Sew Classic nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award.
- I changed my blog title from My Vintage Visions to Emily's Vintage Visions.
- Published an article on Cori's 1920s tuxedo in Issue Four of Hey Doll Vintage Magazine
- A crazy month! It was my friend Erin's wedding and also the month that Cori and I had to move out of our apartment. I really miss that place and all the closet space!
- Not much in the way of events although I did manage to spend one day at Fort Ticonderoga working in their shoe shop.
- I also got together with Rebbecca of A Fashionable Frolick to continue working on our18th century shoes with Mr. Walker. (See Rebbecca's post here.)
|Working on my shoes at Fort Ti. Photo by Driftingfocus Photography|
- Roaring 20s Lawn Party
- My little blog reached 100 followers!
- Rebels and Redcoats event at Old Sturbridge Village
- Annual French and Indian War reenactment at Crown Point Historic site
- Hive Challenge Event and a WWII event at Battleship Cove
- I listed my blog with Vintage Search and the Vintage Directory created by We Heart Vintage.
- Created a portfolio page for my sewing projects and began listing a few things in my Etsy shop.
- Went to a WWII event in Stow, Mass. - More photo to come!
- Photo shoot with Cori - More photo to come!
|This is just a sneak peak at the event. I have lots more photos to share.|
- Greater Boston Vintage Society Winter Formal
- I won the Name the Dress Form Contest hosted by Anna of A Few Threads Loose. The prize was a gift certificate to Mrs. Depew Vintage. I've always wanted to try Anna's patterns and now I finally can! So many great choices! :)
Popular Blog Posts for 2013
- Time Travel Saturday - 1770 to 1940
- My clothing for the Hive Challenge Event
- Cori's clothing for the Hive Challenge Event
- Inspirational Vintage Journey
- A continued post on 18th century handkerchiefs
- 1920s Crimping Tool Experiment
My research posts have been popular as well. I didn't write as many this year so my recap includes those from 2012 as well as 2013.
- WWII Victory Pins Part 1 and Part 2
- Adventures in Shoemaking
- 18th Century Bonnets
- 18th Century Handkerchiefs
- A Female Shoe Maker in Boston
- Research on prints for my Purple and White 1760s gown
- Using Period Prints and Painting for Inspiration
- Sizing Up Vintage Shoes - This was rewritten as an article for Hey Doll Vintage Magazine