Monday, March 24, 2014

1920s White Lightning Ball - Who's Going?

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to share with you a vintage style event taking place this weekend. The White Lightning Ball will be taking place at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum. The last I heard there were only a few ticket left! There will be live music, games, dancing - including a Charleston contest - vintage vendors, and of course lots of cool classic cars. Will any of you be going? I'd love to meet up for a group photo.

banner
 
I've been working to put together something special to wear for the event but I'm keeping it a secret. Sorry! I have almost everything I need except one key piece. If the outfit doesn't work out then I will be wearing my engagement dress, which I might bring along anyway as a back up to change into. I don't know how comfortable my secret outfit will be to wear all night.

I can share a couple teaser photos. Here's a trial run for my hair. It has been ages since my last attempt at finger waves (not an easy task with long hair) and I didn't want to wait until the last minute to figure out what I was going to do. I used my wave clips over the weekend and had promising results. (Please pardon the crummy cell phone photos.) Only the front part of my hair is waved. The remained of my hair is rolled and pinned at the back of my neck. The style is based off the examples seen here.

After this weekend I'll be diving into my Sew For Victory project. I think I've decided on this pattern. :)



5 comments:

  1. What fun! Your hair turned out wonderfully!!! Great trial run!

    Blessings!
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gina! I didn't use very much setting lotion as this was just a trial. So hopefully the wave will be a little more "crisp" for the event this weekend. :)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great! I'm also going to the event--see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks fantastic! I've never done waves before, in large part because I usually dress from the 40s and 50s, but the more I see my fellow bloggers doing it, the more I'm tempted to give them a spin some day.

    I hope this event goes fabulously for you and the missing/last piece of your ensemble falls into place in time.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...