Monday, July 7, 2014

New Shop My Closet & A Little Wedding Update

Thank you all so very much for your wonderful comments on my last couple posts! You are all so sweet. I wish I could reply individually to all your comments but I don't seem to be able to with blogger. Does anyone know how to change that? I still feel like I need some practice when it comes to created a head to toe authentic looking outfit so it's great to hear your kind words and encouragement.

So, for those that are wondering.... Wedding plans are coming together. Invitations are DONE and going in the mail today! Phew, that's a big thing to cross off the list. We visited our venue last week to figure out what to do for decorations. (Pinterest I hate you) My felt flowers are almost finished but I have enough done that I can start assembling my bouquets. Lots of little things to finish now. As my dress, well ... I ordered a 1930s reproduction pattern from the Vintage Pattern Lending Library and put together a mock up. You'll have to visit the website to guess which one I ordered. The pattern was not in my size so I needed to make some adjustments to get it to fit. It's not the one I posted about but it's still a lovely 30s design. In some ways I like this one better and think it's going to look really good made with my lace fabric. I have some vacation time later this week so I plan to do some MAJOR sewing in the next few days. Of course I'll be taking a break on Saturday for my bridal shower. I don't know any details but a little bird tells me it's going to be vintage themed shower. Shocking I know! I can't wait to see what the girls have planned. :)

In the mean time, I've added a few new items to my Etsy shop if you would be so kind to have a look. Cori had to work pretty much the whole holiday weekend so I spent some time cleaning, taking measurements and photos of things to part with. I have a few more dresses to list, two in larger sizes, and one smaller in need of a good soak first. As always, my blog followers can receive a 10% discount with the code BLOGFAN. I don't have international shipping rates listed BUT if you live across the pond and see something you really like send me a message and I will do my best to figure out shipping rates for you.

1940s Red Knit Dress
1940s Red knit dress
1940's Black Crepe Dress w Beading and Blue Rhinestones
1940's Black Crepe Dress w Beading and Blue Rhinestones



Karmen Western Style Shirt
Blue Western style shirt
Lee Western Style Shirt
Red and white check Western style shirt




Black Suede Shoes
Black Suede Shoes

NOS 1940s Green Slingback Heels

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I can't see your settings' page so here is what mine is set to. I am able to reply to each comment.
    Go to Settings.
    Go to Posting and Comments.
    Mine are set to:
    Comment location-embedded
    Who can comment? Anyone
    Comment Moderation-Always
    Show word verification-yet
    show backlinks-show
    Since you can't reply to this, if you want to contact me, here is my e-mail. lahbluebonnet@gmail.com HTH
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha! All I needed to do was change the "comment location" from a popup window to embedded. Problem solved! Thanks Laurie!
      -Emily

      Delete
  2. Hi Laurie, I'll check my settings. Thanks!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...