Friday, August 1, 2014

My Vintage Bridal Shower

Hello again everyone! A few weeks ago my family and friends hosted a bridal shower for me. I shared a few pictures on Facebook but I thought I would give everyone a proper look here. My bridesmaids and my sisters did an outstanding job putting everything together. The food was amazing and the weather was just perfect!

My favorite girls! These are my former roommates from college. Flossie, Lauren, Jill and Monica
A special thank you to Kris Jarrett of Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production for taking photos. Kris will also be taking our wedding photos.




Knowing how much I love vintage and historic fashions, the girls planned a vintage garden party themed shower. The guests were asked to dress up and wear hats. :) 

Cori and I with my bridesmaids!
My sisters and I. There are five siblings but my brother wasn't at the shower. 
I really enjoyed seeing all the things the girls used to decorate. Including the little orange chair they managed to sneak out of my bed room. They even used my mom's wedding dress.

This was my mother's wedding dress. :)
My mom made pin cushions to use for party favors. What a fun idea! 






















I wore a vintage dress that I believe was made in the 1950s or early 60s. It was a little bit big for me so I had to take it in. It could still use some minor adjustments. My flower clip was made by Monica. She makes all kinds of super cute hair accessories. (Check out her Facebook page Cutie Clips and More.) I keep telling her she needs to open an Etsy shop.


Pink is one of my least favorite colors yet for some reason I love pink flamingos. Does anyone remember the scene from Alice and Wonderland where she plays croquet with the Queen using flamingos and a hedgehog? It's been a long running joke since college, I have no idea how it started. But my friend Monica gave me a pair of lawn flamingos and a stuffed hedgehog at the shower. She also gave me a real croquet set.


Much silliness ensued as I'm sure you can image. Our gamed was more like lawn hockey then croquet. That poor stuffed hedgehog!



I might have cheated just a little bit. ;)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...