Monday, August 18, 2014

Vogue Counter Catalog - April 1947

I have for you today a selection of colorful patterns from a Vogue Counter Catalog dated April 1947. (see images from March 1944 here.) This pattern book was listed for sale on Ebay. These are rare books indeed, and pricey! Oh my! They don't come up for sale very often so when I happen across them I save all the pictures I can. This particular counter book has 512 pages filled with suits, dresses, all kinds of separates, menswear and formal wear.





















6 comments:

  1. Wonderful viewing material:) I also just love to see these old counter books. There are a couple of Junior Vogues on ebay right now, if they haven't already sold:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books are always out of my price range but I love saving the images when I can. :)

      Delete
  2. 1947 was a really good year for fashion wasn't it! Along with 1939 I think they are my two fave years out of the past for great patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I adore the fashions from 1938 and 1939. :)

      Delete
  3. ....must breathe... :D I jest, but only just barely! Vintage counter catalogs are one of my favourite things EVER!!! They are such incredibly rich treasure troves of fashion history. Fabulous eBay find. Thank you for saving some of the images from this listing and sharing them with us, dear gal. My evening was brightened by seeing them.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! So glad you enjoyed them :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...