Monday, October 27, 2014

Wedding Photos - Part 1

So here they are at last! The wedding photos. :) A huge thank you to Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production for taking these. In another post I'll give a more detailed break down of our planning, costs, and where to find some great DIY tips and downloads in the hopes that it will be helpful to others. But today's post is mainly pictures so sit back and enjoy! :)

Wedding party and guests! Most everyone came dressed in vintage or vintage inspired attire. :)
Our theme was 1930s/40s vintage. (I first wrote about our wedding plans in this post.) Cori and I wanted something fun, a little different, and most importantly something that reflected both of us and our interests in life. We didn't want things to be super match-y and I think we accomplished that rather well. :) Our Save the Date cards, invitations, programs, and menus were all DIY. And all the decorations where either things we already had on hand, borrowed, or where DIY. We had lots help from family and friends. Thank you everyone!!


Our venue was the Historic Park McCullough House. (They now have a new wedding site. Take a look at the gallery and you will find a few of my pictures!) The ceremony, preformed my Cori's dad, was held outside in the gardens and the reception took place in the beautifully restored Carriage Barn. The girls and I had an area in the main house to get ready in. So much fun even though the morning was SUPER crazy. Plans with the hair stylist fell through (still annoyed about that!) so I styled ALL the bridesmaids' hair plus my own. I managed to get through it with only one minor melt down so I'd say it was successful.


Yes Cori and his dad really are that short, but also the best man is really tall! :)
One of my favorites of the guys!

Most everyone in the bridal party, our parents, and guests wore vintage or vintage inspired attire. The bridesmaids' dresses were purchased on Etsy and Ebay, and one was made using a vintage pattern. We loaned a bunch of stuff to people too! :) Two of the groomsmen, my brother and the best man, both wore WWII Army paratrooper dress uniforms. Oh, and I made my dress for the ceremony and a second, short dress for the reception. Blog posts coming soon for those!

Corsages by 1940s Style for You
So happy we still had some fall color!
The bouquets I made myself from felt and vintage buttons. (Yes, I hope to have a tutorial at some point.) The corsages were made by the fabulous Lucy of the blog and etsy shop, 1940s Style for You. (I blogged about them here when they arrived.) The colors really look great in the pictures. The hair flowers were made by my friend Monica. (Check out her Facebook page Cutie Clips and more.) I keep telling her she needs to open an Etsy shop. :) You can't really see them in the photos but I wore a pair of seamed stockings from What Katie Did.


Pretty sure this is the shot when I heard the photographer say "Holy Sh**, that's gorgeous!"
I love this one of the girls and I!
We gave vintage tea cups and tea bags as wedding favors. In the back on the room we set up a table with family photos and had our mothers' and Cori's grandmother's wedding dresses on display. The large gold mirror we borrowed from my parent's living room wall! There will be a second post with more photo details of our decorations and some how tos.

A very personal touch to the decor. My mom's wedding dress on the left, the one on the right belongs to Cori's mom.

My bridesmaids were my best friend Erin (also the maid of honor) three of my college roommates, and one of my sisters (in the middle of the group.) These same girls put together a fantastic vintage themed bridal shower and bachelorette party for me during the summer.

It was a little chilly so we huddled together for this picture! :)
After the ceremony and group photos we changed for the reception. My reception dress was a little last minute sewing project (yup totally finished the week of the wedding!) but I was so much happier in a shorter dress that I could dance in.




All photos are by Kris Jarrett. I would rather these photos not show up on Pinterest or other places around the web so I kindly ask that you not copy or re-post without permission. If you would like to link back to this post in order share I'm OK with that. :)

Update: You can see my wedding planning/DIY post here and reading about how I made my dresses here.

16 comments:

  1. Emily this is so beautiful!! Everyone looks like they have stepped back in time. Your dress is gorgeous. How beautiful and sweet. Thank you for sharing these very personal and special images with us. Your hair of your bridesmaids...love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a train! The location looks lovely, the guests looks lovely, the bridal party looks lovely, and the whole thing looks very memorable and special. I look forward to seeing more posts about specifics!

    Congratulations,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Quinn! Yes, my train was ridiculously long lol! I had extra fabric so I figured what the heck! I have a great picture of the girls and I showing off my big a** train that I will post soon. :)
      -Emily

      Delete
  3. These were such a treat to see! You made a lovely bride. I have to say, your decision to display family wedding gowns really touched me. I'm a seasoned veteran of countless weddings, and that is probably the sweetest and most intimate way to showcase a love of family and celebrate a vintage aesthetic that I've ever seen. Well done, congratulations, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so sweet of you to say, I'm really touched. :) I forget now when and how I came up with the idea to display the wedding dresses but I'm really glad I did. My friends and family know that I collect antique and vintage clothing so it just seemed fitting to use some the items Cori and I collected as part of our wedding decor.
      -Emily

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful venue and a truly amazing wedding. You can literally feel the joy and the love coming through these photographs. Congrats to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, this is so beautiful - everything. But in the first place YOU are a beautiful bride, and what an amazing dress! You have to write a post about it, about the fabric, the pattern…

    I made my wedding gown myself, too, and many other things were DIY, and I would certainly do it again. It's so much nicer to have something that has a OOAK touch. More pics please!

    And all the best for your marriage life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doris! Yes, there will be more posts. :)

      Delete
  6. Ravishingly, enchantingly beautiful wedding photos and of course the magical big day itself. I scrolled these these lovely images three times and adored seeing all the special vintage touches you put into your wedding day. One thing in particular that I adore is that your bridesmaids were wearing different dresses - that adds such an old school note, IMO, as it was common for such to be the case in the decades and centuries past (big time).

    Thank you for sharing so much of your special day with us. I truly loved seeing these wonderful, romantic, vintage filled images!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! It really was a wonderful day. I'm really happy to have found dresses that suited each of my bridesmaids. From the beginning I knew wanted them all different. I admit I was a little concerned about how things were going to look because it wasn't until the wedding day that I had a chance to see everything together. The dress styles and colors were very similar though and with the flowers they all look fantastic together. And it helps that all the girls are gorgeous! :)
      -Emily

      Delete
  7. How the heck did I not notice those awesome red reception shoes in person?!? They rock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple and lovely!! The whole wedding looks like it was relaxed and charming. :-) Your train is a-mazing!! I love the idea of felt flower bouquets, and the bunting and lights at the reception makes me so happy! :-)

    Looking forward to seeing more posts! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been so excited to see these photos! Your dress is spectacular, and I think that the whole wedding party looked super stylish. You are a very talented lady, I love all the personal touches, such as the wedding dresses on display (which I would love to do at my own wedding) and it's a lovely idea to have teacups as favours. All in all, SO much inspiration here in this post, and so much romance. Beautiful! P x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Everything looks so lovely and you look very happy. I am very curious to see more about the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just found your blog and just want to congratulate you on such a beautiful wedding. I enjoyed looking over your photos several times and feeling like I was transported into the past.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...