Friday, September 4, 2015

1920s Beach Party! - It Happened Again!!

So, it happened again! Another 1920s themed beach party! A group of us from the Great Boston Vintage Society got together before the Roaring 20s Lawn Party to enjoy some vintage silliness by the sea shore. Many of you may remember my post from last year. To date, it's still my most popular post. :) No biting bugs this year and the water was the perfect temperature!


It was such a wonderful day! Great people, a beautiful setting and much silliness! What more could you ask for?



Yep, silly. I warned you. :)





Cori and I both wore vintage wool suits. Mine needed a fair amount of repair work before I could actually wear it. But it was totally worth it. Even though it's made of wool the material is very light weight. It was a warm day but I found it very comfortable to wear. Not as hot as one might think a wool swim suit would be.

If I can find the right shade and weight of wool, I would really like to reproduce this swim suit.


The wool swim suit buttons down the front. The bloomers are attached to the waistband so the whole suit is one piece.


I didn't swim in mine but I did get in and wade. The bottom edges of the attached bloomers and skirt got a little wet but I made sure to rinse the suit when I got home.

Cori completed his beach day attire with his straw boater, silky rayon robe, and a cane. He is so dapper.



 I'm already looking forward to and planning ahead for next year!

8 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Glad there were no bugs this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bugs were awful last year! Nasty little things, blah. This beach is part of the Crane Estate and was perfect!! I hope we can have the beach party there again next year.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Great pictures!! You really had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! What a charming idea. I will have to convince my friends to do something like this! Cheers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha!!! Oh my heavens!! I LOVE all of your fabulous photos!! What fun you must have had this day! Your bathing suit is wonderful and I love how it crosses over...brilliant! Huzzah for you and your paper parasol!!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I almost left the paper parasol at home, I'm so glad I didn't. :)
      -Emily

      Delete
    2. Gasp!! No!!! I am so happy you took it with you!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...