Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Mrs. White with the Candle Stick in the Billiards Room

Hello All! Thank you all for the tremendous response to my Fall Photo Contest!! All the photos have been added to this album on Facebook. Jessica, Lauren and I are going through them now. I plan to announce the winner and runner up on Sunday, October 25th so please stay tuned for that post!!

I'm here today to share some pictures of my Halloween costume from last year that I was bad and never shared. Better late then never though! Photos in this post by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production unless otherwise noted.

Photo by Jason Donoghue
Last year my dear friends Erin and Kris hosted a Clue themed Halloween party. They normally host a party each year but this was the first time we had an actual theme. It was so much fun!! I went as Mrs. White, played by the amazingly talented Madeline Kahn in the 1985 movie version of the popular board game.

Madeline Kahn as Mrs. White
Source
Does anyone remember playing the board game "Clue" as a kid?

Photo by Jason Donoghue
It was Mrs. White in the Billiards room with the candle stick.

Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production
 Or was it with the wrench in the dinning room?

Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production

And my favorite line of Mrs. White from the movie ....


"The flames, on the side of my face ...!" Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production
I wore a 1950s black wool cocktail dress from the fabulous Etsy shop Trunk of Dresses, (I actually bought this to wear to a friend's wedding last year!) a vintage hat and the same rhinestone jewelry I wore for my wedding last year. I actually have a black hat that looks more like the one Madeline Khan wore in the movie but it didn't fit right over my hair. You can't see them in the photos but the black stockings I'm wearing have black cats on them with green eyes. It was Halloween after all, so black cat stockings seemed appropriate! I'm ordering some new seamed stockings from What Katie Did. Here's hoping they arrive in time because I want to wear their retro stockings with the red seams this year.

I didn't have a chance to paint my nails red but other then that I've very pleased with how this costume turned out! Oh, and that definitely a black wig!! hahaha! It was the only thing I had to buy for the costume, everything else came out of my closet! (Those are the best kinds of costumes don't you think?) I love how the wig looks but I don't think I will ever have the courage to cut my hair that short!

Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production
Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production
We ended up having two Col. Mustards and two Prof. Plums, but that's OK we all had a lot of fun. We even had a one person come as the singing telegram character from the move and a couple come as game pieces!

Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production
 And a few more shots with props. Because why not? :)

Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production
Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production
Photo by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production
Outfit Details
1950s Dress - Trunk of Dresses
Hat - Thrifted
Rhinestone necklace and bracelet - locale antique shop
Pearl earrings - Historic Delights
Cat stockings - Walmart?
Wig - Party Store
Lip color - Red Velvet by Besame

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes!! You look fabo Mrs. White!! (that's me by the way... Hahaha!!) I had to really study your pictures to see that it was you! You did a good job with this costume! Love the short black hair and your dress!! What fun!
    Blessings!
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is over-the-moon awesome!!! I've always loved Clue the game and the movie (in fact, it's my second favourite board game ever, topped only by Scrabble) and had a delightful time scrolling through these photos, lapping up each fabulously cool detail. You and your fellow party goers absolutely knocked it out of the ballpark here!!!

    Super happy Halloween week wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...