Saturday, October 10, 2015

Where Has the Year Gone? - Wedding Anniversary!!

My goodness, how times flies! I can't believe it's been a full year already! (Photos in this post by Kris Jarrett Photography and Media Production.)



Lots has happened. The biggest thing of course being that Cori and I got married one year ago today! It seems like ages ago that we got engaged. I have posted a couple times about our crazy 1940s/vintage themed wedding. There are lots of photos in this post. I even wrote, what I hope is a helpful post, about planning and budgeting for a vintage wedding here. You can read about how I made my wedding dresses (one for the ceremony and a second for the reception) in this post.



And if planning a wedding wasn't stressful enough, we bought and moved into our new house two weeks before the wedding! A note to all the current brides-to-be out there. Don't by a house at the same time you are planning your wedding, it's sooooo much extra stress! hahaha! We still have not gone on an official honeymoon, buying a house kind of pushed that to the back burner financially, but we hope to take a long trip sometime in the early spring. Perhaps back to the UK? We'll have to see....

But now that we own a house I have my own sewing room! And I have pretty gardens and an awesome porch to use for pictures.

It's still very much a work in progress!
Wearing my "Spring for Cotton" blouse. I've listed this blouse for sale on Etsy
We still have several things we want to do with the new house, like renovating one of the bathrooms, but for the most part we are settled in. I've been brainstorming a number of possible house-related blog topics. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them! I'm open to new ideas. And speaking of new things, what do you think of the new look for my blog? I thought it was time to change things up a bit and go with a less busy background. I may tweak the colors a bit but would love to hear what you think!


New to us vintage Hoosier cabinet for the kitchen! You might recognizes the signs on the wall from our wedding decor!

I will admit, there were several things about planning our wedding that were really fun. (Like planning our reception decor and searching for vintage tea cups to use as favors.) Others tasks I found stressful and a bit annoying. (Searching for a wedding dress was one of them! Ugh! I actually had a lady a one shop tell my mom that if we cut back on food I could buy a more expensive wedding dress!! No lie, true story!!)

Looking back on the whole experience are there things I wish we had done differently? Sure! But there were no major disasters and with the exception of a very few, very small things, everything went according to plan! Can't beat that! It was a great day with family and friends at a beautiful location. And people are still talking about our wedding, in a good way of course! ;)






















In other exciting new, in case you missed it, check out the vintage fall photo contest I'm hosting with the help of  the lovely ladies from Wearing History and Chronically Vintage! We are all contributing some fun and exciting prizes to the winner and runner up. Get all the details on how to enter here! All photos will be added to the 2015 Fall Photo Contest album on my Facebook page.

That's it for now! Cori and I are off to celebrate our first anniversary! I hope you all have a lovely weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. You were such a lovely bride! Life does seem to go much faster after you're married. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog design :) Congratulations on your anniversary. I will have been married one year in December, and it's amazing how quickly the time goes. I understand what you mean about the added stress before a wedding. This time last year I was making my wedding dress, planning the wedding (with an at home reception), finishing off my last semester of undergraduate study, and planning our honeymoon, which was two months around Europe. I was very stressed, but would not have done anything differently. Glad to be on th other side of it all now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaitlyn! My goodness, you were a busy bride! And yes, I'm glad to be on the other side as well.
      -Emily

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary! You both look so happy in these photos which is so beautiful to see. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been fun going through all the photos again.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary Emily! I will never tire of seeing photos of your beautiful day, more next year please! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina, that's very sweet of you to say! And congratulation again to you! I'm been enjoying all your honeymoon photos!

      Delete
  5. Congrats again, it was great seeing you this weekend! I love the new blog design, the orange really pops :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! You look so beautiful, the photos are also great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary to you both!! Here's to many more years to come!
    Blessings!
    g

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness how time flies!!! Thank you for recapping some of the highlights of your special day here again. I am not surprised at all that folks are still talking about your wedding. Everything about it that you shared with us was incredibly pretty and so very inspiring! You two are a beautiful couple and I wish you an amazing second year together filled with joy, fun times and oodles of vintage! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* The new look of your blog is wonderful. I noticed it instantly and really like the tagline you opted for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...