Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Shoe Spectacle - A Shoe Review

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Well, here we are with another Sunday Shoe Spectacle! I do hope you are enjoying this series as much as I am. I had a resent request to see more of my personal shoe collection so I'll be work on that shortly. Maybe I'll do a video post. What do you think?

Today I have a review of a pair of new vintage style shoes from Royal Vintage Shoes. This style is called "Back Then" by Restricted and is offered in two color combos. I picked the whiskey/navy combo.



As you may have guessed from my first review post (read here) I'm a big fan of Royal Vintage Shoes. I love the look and feel of their curated collection and have enjoyed the speedy shipping and great customer service.




For this review I paired the shoes with one of my favorite me made projects, my 1940s brown linen pants (made using Simplicity 1306) and a new to me vintage sweater. It's cashmere and is super soft! (I really like the red trim around the collar and sleeves!) Also a new to me WWII era victory pin.



I ordered a size 7 and found them to fit really well with just enough room for inserts. I find my feet are happier at the end of the day with a little extra cushioning in my shoes.




My one complaint with these shoes are the soles. They come with a felt sole that, at least on smooth hard surfaces like wood or tile floors, are be rather slippery. If you are looking for something to dance in and want a fast sole, these will be just fine. My pair are a little better after wearing them around outside but I think if I order another pair I'll be adding a non slip outer sole like these offered by American Duchess. Which, by the way, is the sister company of Royal Vintage Shoes.

Overall, I'm very happy with this pair of shoes. They look great with vintage clothing but also work really well with jeans. These will be worn a lot this year!


Outfit details:
Scarf - Thirfted 
Sweater - Facebook buy/swap page 
Victory Pin and Bracelets - Stone House Antiques
Lip color - Chocolate Kiss from Besame
Pants - Made by Me (Simplicity 1306
Shoes -  Royal Vintage Shoes 

4 comments:

  1. Fab choice, I love the colour combination - whiskey is a great description of that rich tan/orange colour! That's a shame about the slippy soles, can you do anything I wonder to rectify that? I had to get some boots resoled as they were too slippy, I nearly fell down the stairs at home wearing them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! After wearing them around outside on pavement and gravel the felt sole, which is really thin by the way, is wearing away. They are not so bad now but I do need to be careful on some surfaces. I may try some of that "goo gone" stuff to see if I can remove what's left and try a stick on non-slip sole.
      -Emily

      Delete
  2. Fantastic outfit! I'm in love with the classic, earth meets (night) sky pairing of navy and brown here. Stellar ensemble from head to stylish foot, sweet gal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, those soles are really slick! Great for swing dancing, and curiously durable on pavement, but I fear for my life whenever I make sudden movements on wood floors, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...