Monday, June 13, 2016

Drowning in Silk Taffeta

If you have been following me on Facebook and Instagram you will have seen the STACK of silk taffeta!! LAAAA! There is a small fabric store in my area that sometimes has closeout fabrics from other stores. It's hit or miss, much like going to a thrift store. This time I hit the silk jackpot!

silk taffeta for sale

silk taffeta for sale

These are perfect for 18th century and 19th century gowns and lots of other historical costume projects. Several of the pieces are 10 yards or more in length which is plenty for a 1760s/1770s saquec back gown and matching petticoat with ALL the trimmings!

silk taffeta for sale
Red and ivory stripe - on etsy 


These 100% silks are 55 inches wide and originally retailed for $35 a yard but sold at the local shop for far less. I'm excited to be adding these beautiful silks to my Etsy shop and to pass the saving on to you! I've listed the first ones and will be adding more over the next week. If you are looking for a particular color let me know.



2 comments:

  1. Those are an amazing find! What store was it, if you don't mind sharing your fabric buying secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great balls of fire, I am so jealous of that silk. All I have around here is a JoAnn.

    I nominated you for a Liebster Blog award! No pressure to do it if you don't want. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...