Saturday, July 30, 2016

Ready-Made Clothing Update

So it's been a long time since I gave an update on the reproduction clothing I have been working on for my Etsy shop. Here are some of the items that have FINALLY been completed!! Yeah!!



The blue dress above has already been sold. But I have the same dress in a different color and print.

1940s reproduction dress for sale
1940s Reproduction Dress, 38 Bust
1940s reproduction dress for sale

I also have a couple blouses. The Scottie Dog print is really cute, I think, and I have two blouse cut and ready to sew in the same print but in pink with yellow and white dogs.

1940s reproduction blouse for sale
1940s Reproduction Blouse, 38 Bust

I loved this red, white and blue print so much I made a blouse for myself using a different pattern.

1940s reproduction blouse for sale
1940s Reproduction Blouse, 38 Bust
1940s reproduction blouse for sale

I couldn't resist trying this 1930s reproduction blouse on for some pictures. That's one perk to sewing patterns in your own size, I get to be the test model lol!



As you can see, I've taken your suggestions and input from my clothing surveys to heart. (Check out this post for more information.) You asked for larger sizes, separates and clothing in the color purple! All of these items are made using 100% cottons that are true reproduction prints from the 1930s and 1940s. I have also incorporated vintage buckles and buttons were I could. There will be more items coming this fall so be sure to watch here and on my other social media pages for sewing updates.


As some of you may know I will be attending the GBVS's Roaring 20s Lawn Party this Sunday as a vendor. I've super excited, but also terrified as it will be the first time setting up at a really big event with lots of other vendors. I will be bringing the blouses and purple print dress with me along with lots of other vintage goodies. If they don't sell at the lawn party I will be adding them to my Etsy shop Monday.

That's all for now! Time to finish packing.

6 comments:

  1. It's great that you've got sizes for a reasonable adult woman size bust. Best of luck at the Crane Estate tomorrow!

    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,
    I was wondering where you get your reproduction fabrics. I haven't really found a place or company that I really like.

    Sarah
    www.sewcharacteristicallyyou.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting times Emily - the very best of luck with it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely. I like your combinations of fabrics and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these fabrics are incredible! The purple and green is so delicious and the Scottie dogs! Adorable! You are very talented x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and...I really love what you do! Great job, you're posts are very insipiring for me, 'cause I've recently opened a blog :)


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...