Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's on Your Sewing Table?

Having some camera issues. Ugh! My apologies to those of you waiting patiently for my Downton dress tutorial. I'll hopefully have that posted sometime next week.

I'm taking a break from the 1920s and jumping back into the 1940s. My current project is a pair of slacks using the reproduction 1940s Rosie the Riveter overalls pattern from the Vintage Fashion Library. I'm tired of wearing jeans to work but only have one pair of dress pants that I really like. Yes, I suppose I could wear skirts more often but I find it's too chilly in the office. It doesn't seem to matter if it's 80 degrees or 20 degrees outside, the air conditioning is always running.
Vintage 1940s Rosie the Riveter Overalls REPRO Sewing Pattern 3322


I'm using a dark gray suit weight wool I bought last summer for $2.50 a yard! I cut all the pieces out last night and started pinning them together. Tonight's goal is to baste the pieces, test the fit (and hopefully not need to make too many changes), and being sewing.

So what's on your sewing table this month?

2 comments:

  1. I made those overalls! From the EvaDress repro, that is. I'm very hard to fit in both modern and vintage trousers, but these worked with no changes. I have a few pictures, starting here:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/51592109@N08/7546635872/in/set-72157626835638837

    Excuse the tennis shoes - I was really working in these, not just dressing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger, Thanks for sharing your photos. Your overalls look great! I'll probably make the overalls too but at the moment I need the basic slacks more. :) -Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...