Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Finishing Projects, Delays in Sharing

I've been a very bad blogger lately. I have been sewing like crazy for the last few weeks and have several finished projects but I have not shared them yet. Partly because I'm waiting for pictures from someone and partly because I've not had the time to upload my own pictures and create new posts.

Preparing to sew the pleats of the skirt for my birthday day dress.
 So what's waiting be shared?
- Abbey's finished prom dress. The construction post is here.
- My birthday dress! One construction picture seen above.
- 1940s blouse
- 1940s linen trousers
- 1940s red bird dress

Why so many 40s projects you ask? As I mentioned on Facebook, later this week Cori and I will be attending a huge WWII event in Reading, PA. It's the annual Mid Atlantic Air Museum's air show and WWII reenactment. We have several friends who go just about every year and have been telling us it the event to go to on the East Coast for WWII living history. While I have a fairly decent selection of actual 40s vintage I can wear, recreating pieces from my vintage patterns just seemed the way to go for this event. I don't mind wearing a 70 plus year-old garment for part of a day. But for this event I will be outside and moving around all day and into the evening (there will be a USO dance in the evening!). That's a lot of stress on an older garment, not too mention the added stress of sweat and environmental impacts like sunlight and dust etc. Don't get me wrong, I love wearing my vintage! I just like to save most items for special occasions and try to limit the amount of stress I put on them so they will continue to last. :)

I hope to have lots of photos to share sometime next week.

The back of Abbey's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" prom dress
With the exception of the first, I must apologize for the poor quality of the photos in this post. I finally have a new camera but I'm still learning how to use it. I used the camera on my cell phone to snap the other shots.

The awkward photo from Facebook of my finished 1940s blouse and trousers.
And a real teaser photo, the bird dress! :) You'll have to wait until after this weekend for pictures of the finished dress. Sorry. :) Everything for this dress came from the stash!! That's all for now. Off to finish packing.

2 comments:

  1. Such absolutely lovely new projects!!! I'm especially smitten with your blue blouse and your in-progress birthday dress (that fabric is enchantingly gorgeous!). You've really been a busy lady lately on the sewing front. Way to go!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe at some point you can share the sorts of sources you use to find great belt buckles! That red one is beautiful, and I've seen others on your clothes, too.

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...