Sunday, July 3, 2016

"The Footwear of Tomorrow"

Welcome to another Sunday Shoe Spectacle! Are you ready for a fabulous pair of vintage shoes? I thought you might be!! I was looking through one of my 1930s Boot and Shoes Recorder magazines and look what I found. This wonderful full page ad featuring "the Footwear of Tomorrow."


The shoes on this page all feature something called Lastex, "the miracle yarn that makes things fit." And you know what else? I happen to have a pair of shoes that are very much like those in the magazine! Squee! OK, they don't have the stretchy material but they have a similar futuristic design to them. How cool is that?


I love the little winged flare on these shoes! I can't say I'm all that crazy about the "elf" toes of the one pair pictured in the ad but they sure would be neat to see in person.



It's difficult to read but it looks like these shoes are marked Trisco. Can't make out the rest.  These are the epitome of late 1930s/early 1940's style. Stylish peep toes, scalloped vamp, and 4" high heels! And of course, they are too small for my feet. Why????? Ugh, well like the tiny pair I featured last week, these decorate a shelf in my sewing room.




Would you like to write a guest post about vintage shoes for this blog series? If so, please feel free to contact me! Do you have a favorite pair? Favorite source for shopping for vintage or vintage style shoes? What would be your pair of "vintage dream shoes?"

That's all for now! I hope all my friends here in the states have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!! (I'm having sale on Etsy to celebrate! Use the code SPECIAL20 to save 20% off your purchase, excluding silk fabric. I'll be adding some new items soon so stay tuned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...