Tuesday, January 31, 2017

1940s Rita Hayworth Inspired Hair Tutorial

I made a rambling video thing! Some of you may have seen it already, but if not be sure to check out my YouTube channel for my latest video. (scroll down to view) This is my first ever hair video so please be kind. It turned out much longer than I had planned but I hope some of you will find it helpful. 

Rita Hayworth - Source
The hairstyle in my video is inspired by Rita Hayworth and has become my go to style when I want a vintage look for everyday. I use a very basic pin curl set, I don't follow any real pattern. Though I do section off the front portion of my hair to make couple pin curls, normally 2 or 3, that are then brushed and pinned to one side. All my curls are rolled in the same direction just because I find it quicker to do so.

For the video, I set my hair using Garnier Fructis curl shaping spray gel for natural hair hair. I let the pin curls dry over night. My hair was slightly damp and I sprayed the gel onto each section of hair as I went. As noted in the video I will sometimes use LottaBody settle lotion, which for humid weather, I find has a stronger hold.

Here is what the hairstyle looks like when using LottaBody. I should note that I had been outside for several hours before this photo was taken. :)

Photo by Jim Gallagher
I would love to hear your thoughts on this video as well as any suggestions for future videos.

1 comment:

  1. The hairstyle is stunning and I just loved your video! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...