My current sewing project, Rosie the Riveter overalls, is far from finished. And sadly I don't have any pictures to share. Hopefully I'll have it finish for the Sew For Victory! A 40s Sewalong. I had to do some thinking about what finished project I wanted to share today and decided to go with a dress I finished last summer.
Anyone remember this project?
This pretty little shirtwaist dress was made using a pattern I purchased from Barbara of FloradoraPresents. The pattern was DuBarry 2413B, a tailored shirtwaist dress from the early 1940s. I really adore this pattern. It has two sleeve options, long or short, and the option of a pleated style or flared skirt cut on the bias. It also has cute little triangular shaped pockets on bodice! I think heart shaped pockets would be cute too. :)
|FloradoraPresents on Etsy|
The dress is made from a blue linen blend that came from the stash. I didn't use the vintage buttons shown in the first picture. I ended up buying some modern plastic buttons so I won't have to take the vintage ones off their original paper card.
It was a great day for photos! Nice and sunny if I remember right and not too hot either!
This one is a bit blurry but I still like it. Here I am "reading the paper" at the train station. Next time Cori and I do something like this I'm going to bring some vintage magazines.