Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Vintage Sewing Pattern Pledge

In my last post I talked about some of my sewing goals for the New Year. One of the things I want to do is sew more vintage separates and use items from my stash. What better way to do that then to take part in the 2015 Vintage Sewing Pattern Pledge? The Vintage Sewing Pattern Pledge will be co-hosted by Kerry of Kestrel Makes and Marie of A Stitching Odyssey. Be sure to check out their blogs for more information. I didn't know about this last year or I certainly would have pledged. So here we go!


During 2015, I, Emily of Emily's Vintage Visions, will sew up at least six of my vintage or reproduction sewing patterns.
  • Simplicity 2823
  •  Simplicity 4161 
  • Hollywood 1530
  • Vogue 9010
  • Advance 8296 
  • One additional 1940s pattern - not sure which one yet


Here is a look at what I'm working on now and patterns that I know I will be using in the new future. My current project is a hooded jacket using Simplicity 2823. I'm using some lovely wool plaid purchased years ago from the Dorr Mill Store. (Sorry for the crummy photos, I just snapped this quickly with my phone.)




I'm working on two different blouses using Simplicity 4161 and Hollywood 1530. (You can see my first version of Hollywood 1530 here.)


I'll be using Vogue 9010 for an event coming up in March. I just picking up some amazing silk from Delectable Mountain Cloth. I'm also thinking of using McCall 5632 for another 1920s event later in the summer but haven't quite decided so I wont count it for now.



I used Advance 8296 for my wedding reception dress. It has some fitting issues to work out but I like the look of the finished dress so I'm willing to give it another go. I'm planning to use this for my birthday dress this spring.


I'm sure I will end up making more then six patterns by the end of the year but I feel that's a safe number to pledge. I plan on making one new outfit for the Mid Atlantic Air Museum's air show and WWII reenactment in June but I haven't decided what I want to make, hence the pledge for the unknown 1940s pattern. :) With the exception of the silk I just purchased all my fabric for these projects will come from the stash.

What vintage patterns do you plan to sew this year?

4 comments:

  1. Oh that jacket you are working on looks splendid! I can't wait to see it finished!

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plaid wool jacket is going to be amazing! I can't wait to see what else you make this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! The wool plaid from Dorr Mill is a dream to work with. It's a really nice weight - heavier then a suit weight but not so heavy as something you would use for a winter coat. I made sure to take my time cutting all the pieces so I could match up the plaid. :)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. These patterns are so neat! I especially like McCall 5632. I just opened an Etsy shop, and have been adding vintage patterns. https://www.etsy.com/shop/RubyandMathilda

    Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...