Friday, October 5, 2012

Modern Beauty Shop - October 1942

It's time for another Great Hair Fridays post! And now that it's October, I figured this would be a good time to share an October issue of the magazine, Modern Beauty Shop. This issue is from 1942.

Front cover of Modern Beauty Shop - October issue 1942
Source 
Modern Beauty Shop - October issue 1942
Source 
Look at this page! Can you say glamorous!?!?

 Modern Beauty Shop - October issue 1942
Source 
 I love the up do on the top left of this page. I can't tell if the model is wearing a hat or bows in her hair?

Modern Beauty Shop - October issue 1942
Source 
 Don't forget the little ones!

Modern Beauty Shop - October issue 1942
Source 

Modern Beauty Shop - October issue 1942
Source 

2 comments:

  1. I adore the skill and artistry that went into 1940s hairstyles. No two ever looked quite the same, yet they all shared a cohesive elegance that will forever inspire me and my own locks.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,
    I certainly agree!
    Unfortunately, I've found that having long hair (down to my waist) makes it difficult to replicate most of these styles. Pin curls take forever!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...