Friday, May 27, 2016

My Latest Sewing Project

The last couple weeks have been very busy! Lots of sorting, sewing and packing to get ready for some big events. Most of my sewing has been mending or little projects like adding buttons to an otherwise finished blouse and adding removable suspenders to my blue linen skirt.


One of the things I have been working on is this late 1930s dress. I'm using Du Barry 2413B one of my very first vintage patterns which I made up once before (see the dress here). The first time I used the pattern I made View A so this time I thought I would make it a little different. The pleats in the skirt are pretty much lost in the print but I'm happy with the fit of the skirt. I also decided to leave the collar off and alter the neckline a bit. The cute V pockets really make this dress so those will be added as well.


Here are the pockets with the cotton lace ready to be added.


The fabric is a late 1930s reproduction print in 100% cotton. I also have this print in a lavender colorway. :) It sort of reminds me of tiny balloons.


Of course, no sewing project of mine would ever be complete without the proper kitty "help." Miss Rita likes to help whenever there are large amounts of fabric involved. More then once I've had things side off the table as I'm working only to discover her fluffy butt rolled up in the fabric under the table.

Due to time restraints I'm cheating and using snaps to close the front of the dress but will be adding buttons that match the dark colored belt. Because the print is so bright and busy these will help break it up some.

That's all for now! What's on your sewing table?

3 comments:

  1. Hee-hee, okay, Tony has just seen your latest sewing project, care of the fact that I exclaimed "Oh my word, that's incredible!" when I saw your latest sewing project (and he wanted to know what had piqued my interest - he agrees that it's gorgeous!). Fantastic dress. I love the fabric and charming details. This is going to look awesome on you!

    Big hugs & happy Memorial Day long weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you Jessica (and Tony!!) I'm really happy with how this is turning out. Can't wait to share the finished dress with everyone. :)
      -Emily

      Delete
  2. I just stinkin love the pockets! I'm dying to see this modeled, such a great fabric for that style of dress! I've got a bunch of skirts going on at my sewing quarter and have been real good at getting things done from start to finish.
    P.S. My husbands cats are always using my fabric as beds and tents, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...